In November 2013, LiveLink was dying, almost terminal. It was partly due to the behaviour of the bank, partly due to me and the impact the death of my Mum had had on me.
Since 2013, how we have grown by 352% in 18 months, what we did, when we did it and what we are going to do in the future.
We may not have the most impressive growth in £ notes or % but it’s not all about that. My personal growth is impressive and the direction that LiveLink is taking is impressive. I would not have been able to make these decisions pre September 2013, before joining EC. That was our turning point. Everything changed.
Our growth period began and is continuing month on month and without the hideous peaks and troughs we had been experiencing from 2011 – 2014.
From April 2014, the growth was quite steady and gradual until February 2015 when we began to get some real traction. In April 2015 our growth leapt by 161% to this month which is 352%.
Constraints preventing growth:
- There was little or no consistency with having a part-time team and consequently, only very superficial buy-in from our team about my vision and what I wanted to achieve.
- Too many free bolt-on systems making hard work of taking a call and finding out information about the client and it was all very clunky.
- Too small an office constraining how many people worked with us which limited the number of clients that we could have.
What we did that made the difference to our growth:
- Improved communication with clients
- Worked on our customer avatar
- Changed our staffing
- Moved offices
What we did more of:
- Identified that most of our clients came from LinkedIn so wrote more content for this platform
- Pro-active strategies to keep in touch with clients
- Referral strategy
- Client upsell
- Increased prices
I mentioned at the start about this not all being about ££ and % growth, but mine too.
With the support of EC team, members and our clients, I took the decision that private healthcare is where we know we make a difference and add a huge amount of value to our client and decided to market entirely to this sector. I would never have had the confidence to market entirely to one sector before, as I was always hedging my bets, but the EC gave me confidence to do it and its paid off in spades…